- MC Classic
MC Classic Media Player : Development Status
Current Version: 1.10
Status Report: 6th January 2008
- Added support for H.264 (mov & mp4).
- Fixed bug with dfiles in subdirectories.
- New variable: downloadDir
- New variable: plfolders (automatically close old folders).
- Fixed the dfile bug which caused the wrong file to play after stopping and starting the default file.
- Added psuedo-support for M3U files (they will open in an external player).
Current Bugs & Issues
- When the dfile is finished playing there is no way to play it again if it is not included in the playlist.
- If a user de-selects "Expand smaller clips" while no clip is playing, they get an error message. This is non-critical and the function does work as expected, but the error message is confusing.
- When playing MP3 files, sometimes the pause button shows up as a play button.
- Some files which have a larger pixel size than the screen apparently cause occasional problems when used with the zoom function.
- Possible bug: Video clips are intermittently resized incorrectly and displayed in the top left corner. Could be related to the options menu being disabled. Note: This bug has not been reported for some time — please let me know if you are experiencing it.
- There are some limitations on playing SWF files.
- See the troubleshooter if you are having other problems.
|1.10||Added support for H.264 (mov & mp4).
Fixed bug with dfiles in subdirectories.
New variable: downloadDir
|1.09|| New variable: plfolders (automatically close old folders)
Fixed the dfile bug which caused the wrong file to play after stopping and starting the dfile.
Added psuedo-support for M3U files (they will open in an external player).
|1.08||Search function added.|
|1.072||checkVersion is now disabled by default, due to a problem checking version 9 players.|
|1.07|| If no label (title) is defined for MP3 files, the player will attempt to use the ID3 TIT2 tag.
If no dur (duration) is defined for MP3 files, the player will initially estimate the duration then update it when the file has finished loading.
Added option to aseq variable: "-1" (disable)
Playlists can be called with a query string on the web page URL, e.g. mypage.html?playlist=myplaylist.xml.
The mute button now returns to the pre-mute value when un-muted.
New variables: startvol (initial volume level), desctxtcolor (description text color), descbgcolor (description box background color), showfileURLs (direct links to files), preclip & defpreclip (file to play before selected clip), fullscreenmode (allow full-screen), promptVersion (prompt for upgrade to specified version).
|1.06|| The progress/seek bar now works with both FLV and MP3 files.
Added new variables: options (show/hide options menu), plresize (user-resizable playlist).
|1.05||The dfile variable can now be a number or a file URL. defvid is deprecated.
New variables: dfileaction, infoheadcl, infotxtcl, infobg, directlinkURL.
|1.04||Added support for new file types: MP3, JPG, GIF, PNG, SWF.
New variables: dfile, zoom, aseq, aseqd, imgdur, swfdur.
|1.03||New variables: dur and res (workaround for problems with older video codecs).
Added support for unlimited folder layers in the playlist.
New variable: dlinks (allow file downloads).
|1.0||First official stable release. No major changes since previous version.|
|0.947||Fixed the volume level bug which sometimes caused a short burst of increased audio level between clips.|
|0.946|| The stop button now completely removes the current clip and cancels any buffering.
Improved handling of double-buffering.
Added system messages.
Added "Reset Player" button.
|0.945||Changed the playlist format — now uses node names playlist, folder & file.
Fixed bug caused when the user tries to buffer two clips at once.
|0.944||Fixed possible overlapping text on the Info Screen (text-only mode).
Improved handling of double-clicking in the playlist.
|0.942||Restored "Play in Sequence" option with improved functionality.
Volume control and mute button now retain their settings between clips.
|0.938||Temporarily removed "Play in Sequence" option.|
|0.9||First public beta release.|
Requested Features Under Consideration
Please note: There is absolutely no guarantee that any of these features will ever be added. They are under consideration — that's all!
- Try to deal with special characters in file names (discuss).
- Allow users to select search type (titles, descriptions and/or keywords) (discuss).
- Option to include separate infotxt information for each file in the playlist.
- Use HTML and/or image thumbnails in the description box.
- Allow the download link to point to a different files from the one in the playlist.
- Option to set "Automatically play clips in sequence" only for specific folders and subfolders in the playlist.
- Make the player more skinnable.
- Create an HTML generator to make advanced configuration easier.
- Add a warning (and options) when buffering is taking too long.
- Option to set indent spaces in the playlist.
- RSS feed for new additions to the playlist.
- Zoom function for photos.
- Option to set a background music file.
- Option to send triggers from video cuepoints for use in SWF files or (possibly) outside the player.
- Horizontal autoscroll when deeper levels of subfolders are expanded.
- Option to show a still image (or SWF animation) with MP3 files.
- Voting option.
- Option for playlist to work with mouseover instead of click.
- Expand search option to include folder names and descriptions.
- Fullscreen on left-click on the video window (discuss).
- Option to float the player window outside the browser (discuss).
- Option to show a still image with dfileaction = 2 (discuss).